Monday, May 30, 2011

Another day closer

Today brings me yet another day closer to the big race. My husband (Don) and I decided to lower our mileage and step up our pace for our run today. The weather was lousy all weekend so we figured we'd head out in the early evening. The temperature was perfect for running (low 60's) and I got a chance to try out my running skort....anything to detract from these lily white legs.

Our pace was decent; we averaged 9:30 minute miles for a 3 mile run. I wish I had felt better. That burning pain on my inside left arch was still there for the first mile or so of the run, and was soon joined by his friend stomach cramp. That cramp lingered with me for the entirety of the run. I have never been one to stop running and walk out a cramp, I usually just power through them. Today the cramp was having none of it. I'm confident that on race day, the cramps will be too afraid of my wrath to show their faces. They'd better be if they know what's good for them.

Despite having the foot pain and the cramp the pace was good and I imagine will be slightly faster on race day. You can always expect to goose a little bit off your time when running in actual competition. If you know me, you know that I am an incredibly competitive person. I am really looking forward to having other runners out there on the course to set my sights on. I'm not expecting miracles out there on the course but a few "feel good" moments might be nice.

We're hoping to get one last run in on Wednesday and a nice little 1-miler in to keep our legs loose on Thursday. Will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment