Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disappointed today

Today is the first day since I started running that I am disappointed in myself. My run didn't get started on a good foot. I couldn't find my jog bra and didn't want to waste anymore time looking for it, lest I skip the run altogether. So I went with what I already had on. That was a mistake.

I got my music together, put my sunglasses on and headed out the door. About 3 minutes into the run I realized that I forgot gum and was drowning in my own phlegm. Horrible! Just horrible. Between the hacking and the fact that my sweaty face was making my glasses slip off my nose this run was going lousy.

Shortly after the half-mile mark I got a cramp on my left side. I've been pretty lucky so far to not have gotten any cramps while running, but I also haven't had my Aunt Flo during any of my runs, until now. I'm now sure if it was psychological, biological or what but all signs pointed to me ending the run early. I just wasn't feeling good.

After I got home and showered, and as I sit here writing this now, I'm really disappointed in myself. I should've pushed through the cramp and just taken the damn sunglasses off. Instead, I didn't and now I sit here feeling like I let myself down. :(

Tomorrow is a chance to redeem myself and come hell or high water I will finish another 2 mile run.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: