Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring in my step!

Talk about a beautiful day! It's gorgeous here today. The temperature is great, the sun is shining and it's an amazing day for a run. I got started on my run today earlier than I usually do and I'm so glad I did. Today I had my best run yet.

It didn't start out very good. I was borrowing my husband's armband iPhone holder and the velcro was too big for my scrawny bicep. I pushed up my sleeve on my shirt, hoping that the bulk of the material would be enough to keep the thing on my arm. It worked alright for a little while and then slipped down my arm. I spent the remainder of my run with the phone flopping around my elbow. It rubbed against it so much that I now have a yucky little scabby thing on my arm. C'est la vie! I'll consider it a battle wound.

I noticed about a quarter mile into my run that I was getting a side stitch. The pain was pretty sharp and it nearly had me convinced that I should make today a short run day but with the weather so nice I just ran through it. It went away by the time I hit one mile.

My pace today was the fastest so far and I'm going to chalk that up to the weather. Seriously. It was such a nice day for a run...and the first time since I've started running that there wasn't an icy breeze hitting me straight in the face Hurray for spring! My total run today was 2.3 miles and I completed it in 20:39. My first mile, otherwise known as the yuck mile, was 9:02. I picked it up for the second mile and did that one in 8:51. I'm getting there. Slowly but surely, my pace is getting better. I should be running 2.5 miles by the weekend. I've already got a nice little route mapped out.

Wish me luck!


1 comment: