Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another run down, so many more to go


What a beautiful day in Reno! The weather was absolutely gorgeous today. I mean really, you couldn't ask for a better day for a run. The temperature was fantastic and there was a slight breeze that kept us from getting too warm

We decided that today was the day to amp up the mileage a little bit. We convinced our oldest son to come with us (on his bike) while we ran to Mira Loma Park and throughout the surrounding neighborhoods. I was trying out my new shoes, a pair of Nike Free v3.0. I thought that since they felt so nice I would try them without socks today. Bad move. About halfway through my run I got a hotspot on my foot in a different place than I normally do. It's terribly distracting to run while thinking about how big the blister on your foot is going to be when you finally take your shoe off.

All in all, it was a great run. We went 3.64 miles in 35:13; average pace of 9:41 minute per mile. Booyah.

Hotspot or not, I kicked that run's ass today!

No comments:

Post a Comment