Saturday, April 21, 2012

A beautiful night for a run

The weather here in Reno has been amazing this past week. Today the temperature was in the high 80's which made it way too hot for me to want to run. Instead, I got my hair done and went out for sushi with the family. I was still suffering from 'sushi bloat' when Don asked me if I felt like running. Did I feel like running?? Of course I didn't feel like running!! I never feel like running.

But I got up and put on my running gear anyways. I laced up my shoes and clipped on the little red safety light. We grabbed our trusty reflector vests and bright yellow wristbands and were out the door. Did I forget to mention that it was nearly 10 PM? We got outside and the weather was better than we could have hoped. It was 72 degrees and no breeze, just a nice calm night.

We ran through the neighborhood for a slow 2-mile loop. We're planning on doing a longer run tomorrow and just wanted to get in a nice, easy run tonight to loosen up our legs a bit. It felt good but the sushi burps that I kept having were getting annoying. As an added treat, our youngest son, Jonas, joined us on his bike. He doesn't usually like to do stuff with us (teenager and all that) so it was nice to have his company.

I'm hoping that our run tomorrow will be as nice. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment