Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fartlek? You betcha!

Honey felt inclined to do a little speed training today because we've both been a little sore on our off days. I agreed to go under the condition that it wouldn't be too far since my calves and guts were not feeling up to par. We decided to take a nice mile run (remember, this is our off day) and turn it into a Fartlek workout.

I have a nice mile run in the neighborhood and there are enough straightaways to make it decent for this point in our training. Lead feet were everywhere and by the time we hit the school and prepared for our first pick-up in pace I felt like I'd already run 2 miles....we hadn't even got a half mile. :( Our sprint lasted for about 100 yards and we continued on our run.

For our mile run we managed to get in 3 sprints. It wasn't great, but I just keep telling myself, "You ran on an off day! No complaining allowed."

Bring on the RTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment